Important note: In light of recent news regarding Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we understand many in London, throughout the UK and worldwide are choosing to work from home. It goes without saying this makes it difficult to attend our courses in-person at present. However, please be aware that we offer online training for this cold calling course. Online training is delivered via Skype to the same high-standards as our in-person training. Please take care and look after one another.
Our key objective is to ensure you leave our course a better-skilled, more confident telemarketer.
Our cold calling courses have a structured agenda that is divided into three parts; before the call, during the call, and after the call. Nonetheless, it’s worth noting that all of our telemarketing courses can be tailored to suit the specific needs of our clients, so feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the courses.
Before the call
The first part of our training will focus on the key steps of preparation before the call. The old saying ‘fail to prepare, prepare to fail’ is a valuable truth in this industry. As such, this section of the course involve:
- Developing the right mental attitude: Learn how to cultivate a calm mind and foster a positive attitude towards cold-calling, along with overcoming any personal obstacles to success.
- Script preparation: Learn what makes a truly powerful and compelling script, capable of clinching a decision-maker’s interest in the first 20 seconds. Then put that into practice by creating and rehearsing your own script. This section will include one-to-one coaching on script delivery where you will receive guidance on tone, pace, pitch and modulation.
- Objection handling: With proper practice and planning common objections like “I have no budget” can be turned to the cold-caller’s advantage.
During the call
The second part of our training will take a look at all the aspects of the conducting the perfect sales call. This involves:
- Getting past the gatekeeper: Useful guidance on how to get past secretaries using two contrasting approaches.
- Handling prospects: Training on powerful questioning techniques, including welcoming questions from prospects and how to use them, tailoring answers to prospects, uncovering the “Pain”, the power of referrals and assumptive closing.
After the call
Sometimes a rather neglected area by cold callers, this session will focus on how to make the most of a cold call after the receiver has been put down!
- Following up: How to use compelling language to tailor a great follow up email.
- Measuring and targeting: Guidance on personal targets versus official targets, plus monitoring /tracking of results.
- Motivation skills: Eliminating down periods, with tips on keeping the momentum going and staying positive!
- Measurable action points: These will form a blueprint of telemarketing best practice, and will be used by the client to track progress. These action points can be used straight away by our clients.